Creativity and New Media


About a year or so ago, Snapchat formally announced a new product to its app called Bitmoji. Bitmoji allows everyday users to unlock the power of creativity on Snapchat with their friends and family through Augmented Reality. Basically through Bitmoji, users can create a 3d avatar that almost looks exactly like themselves (just in a more cartoon-ish like manner). In addition, Bitmoji offers several features that allows users to really express the way they are feeling but through their Bitmojis. So for example if you are feeling really tired on a Monday, Snapchat has an option in which you can showcase how you are literally feeling on Monday through the expression of the Bitmoji (e.g. phrases, positions, texts, memes, etc), which again is a 3D avatar model of yourself which you an showcase and share with your friends. The library of options offer for different emotions and statements that basically allows you to reflect a bit of your personality in a manner that isn't traditional text or picture. 

Here's a video of how Bitmoji works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wATcMCF4CLw

In regards to creating my own Bitmoji, I basically downloaded the Bitmoji app, connected my account to Snapchat and then went about creating and designing my avatar where I got to select shoes, shirts, pants, eye color, hair color, etc that reflected how I wanted to look like. After my Bitmoji was created, I was basically able to activate my guy when I created a Snapchat story - basically a short video clip that I was able to send to my friends. 


Below are some images of how I created my own Bitmoji on Snapchat and how my final product looks like when I expressed my personal feelings towards my friends (see video):

 








--------

Comments

Popular Posts